Posted in

Can’t Leave- Star Player Tells Tottenham Why He Doesn’t Want To Leave Spurs This Summer

Can’t Leave- Star Player Tells Tottenham Why He Doesn’t Want To Leave Spurs This Summer

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly told Pape Matar Sarr that he is free to leave the club this summer, a decision that has apparently angered the Senegal international and could now accelerate his departure from North London.

According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, Tottenham have informed the 23-year-old midfielder that he is available for transfer and that the club is prepared to listen to offers for him during the current window. The development has reportedly not gone down well with Sarr, who is said to have been unhappy with the message from the club.

In an apparent reaction to Tottenham’s decision, Sarr deleted posts related to the club from his social media accounts. That move has further fuelled speculation that his time with Spurs could be coming to an end, with Turkish giants Galatasaray continuing discussions over a possible transfer.

Tottenham demand €25m for Sarr

Galatasaray have emerged as one of the strongest contenders for Sarr’s signature, with the Turkish club reportedly making the midfielder a major priority before the transfer window closes.

Reports covered by Sport Witness earlier this week indicated that Tottenham had already rejected Galatasaray’s opening offer for the Senegalese midfielder. The first proposal was believed to be worth around €18 million, but Spurs reportedly made it clear that they wanted closer to €25m before agreeing to sell.

Galatasaray have since increased their efforts to complete the deal. A second report on Friday claimed that the Turkish club were pushing hard to bring Sarr to Istanbul and had placed him at the very top of their midfield shortlist.

However, Galatasaray’s transfer plans depend partly on selling one of their existing players first. Journalist Yağız Sabuncuoğlu explained that the club needed a departure to create the necessary room to complete another major signing.

He also revealed that Sarr himself is keen on the possibility of joining Galatasaray, making the situation even more interesting as negotiations continue.

Sarr has reportedly become the Turkish club’s preferred midfield target, with Galatasaray viewing him as a key addition to their squad. Their interest suggests that they are prepared to continue negotiations with Tottenham despite the English club rejecting their first proposals.

Second Galatasaray bid reportedly rejected

The latest development has increased the pressure surrounding the negotiations. Sabah now reports that Galatasaray have seen a second offer, believed to be worth €20m, rejected by Tottenham.

Despite turning down the improved proposal, Spurs are reportedly maintaining their €25m valuation of Sarr. That means the two clubs are currently separated by around €5m, leaving room for further negotiations as Galatasaray attempt to close the gap.

The situation could move quickly if Galatasaray manage to sell a player and raise the additional funds required to meet Tottenham’s asking price.

For Tottenham, allowing Sarr to leave would represent a significant decision regarding a midfielder who has been part of their squad in recent seasons. However, with the club reportedly informing him that he can depart, the door now appears to be open for a permanent transfer.

With Sarr reportedly interested in joining Galatasaray, the player’s stance may also help push the negotiations forward. The Turkish giants are believed to be determined to get the deal done, while Tottenham appear willing to sanction his departure if their €25m valuation is met.

As talks continue between the two clubs, there is growing belief that an agreement could be reached. Galatasaray need to resolve their own player-sale situation, while Tottenham must decide whether to hold firm on their €25m demand or compromise to get the transfer completed.

For now, Sarr’s future remains uncertain, but with Tottenham seemingly prepared to let him leave, Galatasaray’s strong interest and the player’s reported desire to move to Turkey could bring the midfielder’s Spurs career closer to an unexpected conclusion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *